del.icio.us custom size

Google Docs Presentation

I am taking an online course from Region One in Texas. "Region One 2.0: 23 Things is based on the Public Library of Charlotte Mecklenburg Countys Learning 2.0 Program, created by Helene Blowers, on CSLAs School Library Learning 2.0, Spring Branch ISDs Library2Play and other similar programs from around the world under a Creative Commons license. http://esc1library.blogspot.com/

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Thing #15 Web 2.0, Library 2.0 and the future of libraries (Week 6 Tagging, Folksonomies & Technorati)



I did the above word/tag clouds for another project I am working on.

It has been a few days since I have worked on the class. But not really. I have gotten permission to teach to teachers on my campus about Classroom 2.0. So, I have been going back to learn further about each subject in this workshop. I am making it with the major topics without so much Library. I have started another blog and am going to build it up so it will be a tutorial/workshop. I have not figured it all out yet, but an getting better at it. I have not made the blog public yet. I have to give the names of the blogs and Wikis I want unblocked to our technology person. So I am checking out several of each. I could do just one of each, but I want to give the choice to the teachers. I figure three of each would give them a choice. That would also give them a chance to use one they know and use if they use them. If you have suggestions of what blog or wiki sites would be best, I would appreciate your input.

I would also appreciate your input of which topics or sites to bring up. I will be adding the obvious topics.
  • Why we need it.
  • Sites and videos for them to check out.
  • Lesson plan sites with use of web 2.0 things. I have found several of these but could use more.
  • I am breaking it down into sections... Blogs, OpenID, Wikis, Document tools, Podcasting, Technorati, Del.icio.us, Tagging, etc..

I will be teaching this on October 10th, during our inservice. So, I hope to have the blog ready at that time. I will be giving an overview of the Web 2.0, Classroom 2.0, and then introduce the Blog so they will be able to work on their own needed areas. If you have some thoughts on any of this, please, let me know. I figure to have them do similar to what we are doing but expect a slower pace. Some may know more than I, most will know less. I want to extend each of them as best I can.

I appreciate any and all input.... Thanks!

1 comment:

ESC1 said...

I like PBWiki for wikis, but last week, a banner advertising their upgrade shows up right on top of the page. I also like Wikispaces and WetPaint. Some of the web management software programs that schools districts use have blogs. Schoolwires is one. Edublogs is also good for schools.