del.icio.us custom size

Google Docs Presentation

I am taking an online course from Region One in Texas. "Region One 2.0: 23 Things is based on the Public Library of Charlotte Mecklenburg Countys Learning 2.0 Program, created by Helene Blowers, on CSLAs School Library Learning 2.0, Spring Branch ISDs Library2Play and other similar programs from around the world under a Creative Commons license. http://esc1library.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Thing #20 YouTube and a few sites (Week 9 Podcasts, Video & Downloadable Audio)

I have been to YouTube many times and use the html format. The blog I am making for the teachers has one for ever post. The ones I posted are from "In plain English". I like how simple it makes the different aspects of Web 2.0 topics: Blog, Wiki, OpenID, and much more.

I have also been to the TeacherTube site and have found that better. I like the crazy guy and the girl with several videos on the Library.

I also found Teacher.tv this last week. It is out of the UK. They accept a bit more than America does, so be watchful of what is there and seen by the students. There work is higher level. They use Web 2.0 things more than we do. I did see some things in America that are awesome. Their work seems to be more professional than in others. They do field trips, build canoes in the 3rd /4th grade on one from Massachusetts. They even take the canoe to ta lake and shove off in it. I thought that was awesome.

I decided to checkout Jumpcut. I found it to be very nice. Small amount of videos. Looks like they are building the site compared to other video sites.

I think they are using the Photo Story 3 program or something similar. Which could be something I could do with book covers. Then add music in the background. I would like this for a display of New books or the Top Ten Books read during a week.

Putting this together with pics from Science fair projects to Multicultural projects could be a nice way of showcasing what the student/students do for their projects. This is a good way for them to use technology. At Elementary level simple is better unless you have a gifted student. Then it depends on the students interest and abilities.

No comments: