del.icio.us custom size

Google Docs Presentation

I am taking an online course from Region One in Texas. "Region One 2.0: 23 Things is based on the Public Library of Charlotte Mecklenburg Countys Learning 2.0 Program, created by Helene Blowers, on CSLAs School Library Learning 2.0, Spring Branch ISDs Library2Play and other similar programs from around the world under a Creative Commons license. http://esc1library.blogspot.com/

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Thing #7 RSS feeds and set up your own Bloglines newsreader account (Week 3 Photos & Images)

I have been reading some of the posts and commented on 2 of the posts: Library Latte, and Northern Lights Fan. I will have to look into some other Blog sites. I have learned some good for blogging. Why do I say that? Well within the last few weeks I could see no value in them. (Oops, did I say that?) Why? Before this class I had no understanding of what they were good for. The people who used them were younger and they told me they wanted a way to speak to their friends. My friends learn from me so I did search for some understanding about Blogs but found no value in the ones I read. I saw no reason to blog. Now... the blinders are off and I am starting to see awesome ways to use blogs. I figure when you ask a child their simple explanations might not give you a grasp of what something could be used for.

Now, I see the value. Now, I see awesome possibilities. I will have to think some on just how I will present it and go forth with it. Last time, I learned what wickis could do. Then when I got to school I learned they blocked wickis, except for Wickipedia. So, I talked to the technology people and a year and a half later it is still blocked. I hope this won't be the same.

Next a thought on the Motivator... http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/ I found an old AR pic taken at my Library and decided to kill two birds with one stone. On the left you will see I have posted a pic of a top reader. He is standing with his favorite book and in front of one of our AR prize displays. After displaying their pics in the Cafeteria for six weeks I give my top AR readers their laminated pictures. The Motivator will change some of that. I will start using the pics as a inspirational pics. I will display it for the year and give it to the student. Then I will add pictures of teachers with their favorite books and hang them, the pictures not the teachers, in the halls. Then I will begin to get the rest of the staff, parent involvement, and the administrators immortalized as an inspiration for our students. This could be an awesome way to advertise books in the Library. There are no limits to my thoughts.

Some sites I have checked out after doing a search on Google.
On Time 4 online conferences: Engaging Learners in an online environment --"The Web Revolutionaries - The Men and Women who Reshaped the Net"
http://centre4.interact.ac.nz/modules/note/note.php?module_key=53525

Interesting way to make an intro to Web 2.0 on YouTube.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDqGQ59jw_Y&feature=related
Education Today and Tomorrow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnh9q_cQcUE&feature=related
21st century pedagogy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l72UFXqa8ZU&feature=related
3 Steps for 21st Century Learning
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yCB4i7GJuM&feature=related

I went back to entertain my self again this time with Flickr toys and their Magazine Cover
So I took my latest pic of My new pups and information from this program and made a Magazine cover. This could be a great idea for my newsletters. It could help make covers for activities I get off the web. I locate activities for the teachers at the beginning of school and I put them together on a disc and hand them out the first week of school so they will have a back log of activities for different grade levels and/or subjects. To the right you will see my mock up of a magazine. This is the part where I play and extend my knowledge and ideas. Whee, this is fun!

When your having fun your having fun. If you noticed the logo is a picture I got off of Google Earth of my campus. I put it in paint and added my name then went to Blog Header and uploaded the header When uploading the pic to the logo make sure you tell the uploader to size it to fit the space or it could be to big for the logo area.

Well, it is so awesome and entertaining, but I have to get focused.

1 comment:

ESC1 said...

The dogs are precious!