del.icio.us custom size

Google Docs Presentation

I am taking an online course from Region One in Texas. "Region One 2.0: 23 Things is based on the Public Library of Charlotte Mecklenburg Countys Learning 2.0 Program, created by Helene Blowers, on CSLAs School Library Learning 2.0, Spring Branch ISDs Library2Play and other similar programs from around the world under a Creative Commons license. http://esc1library.blogspot.com/

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Thing #23 Summarize your thoughts about this program (Week 9 Podcasts, Video & Downloadable Audio)

I really liked the video “A Fair(y) Use Tale”. Pretty cool!

I figure Creative Commons is going to allow us to to much more in education than before with the Fair Use Act under the Copyright laws. We will know upfront what we can and can't do with out getting permission. That will help students and teachers to move forward faster on projects and researches.

List of similar sites:
California (SCLA)take off of 23 Things
California School Library Learning 2.0 ---
The Original 23 Things: http://plcmcl2-things.blogspot.com/ Pertained to 23 Things - Learning 2.0
Hblowers's Life List: http://www.43things.com/person/hblowers A list of people proud of their accomplishment of each thing.
K12 Learning 2.0 -

Feedback on my experience.

Reflection on my Learning Journey

1. Most of the lessons were new for me some like the Wiki and Creative Commons I learned about last year, so I took the time to extend myself in those areas. I enjoyed the workshop except at one point it got overwhelming. I think I spent to many hours in one day on to many new areas for me. But, I still learned a lot and believe it is awesome.

2. I talked with my principal about the information and she gave me the OK to teach it to the teachers, on October 10th. I will be breaking it down in to sections and putting it on either a wiki or a blog. I have started it on a blog but I am wondering if a wiki would not be a better format. I am also going to put my lessons on a wiki. I talked to the Technology dept. and they said they would open the sites I need. Now I have to figure which sites are best and which ones I need open beyond the blogs and wikis. If anyone has an opinion I would appreciate the feedback.


3. Some of the things I did not know about was FD Toys’, Mashups, 3rd party sites, Tagging, and the sites that go with tagging. These sites are awesome. I have already been telling teachers about them. I have also learned more perks of Google that weren't on the program. Like the Google bookmarks and how you can tag them rather than put them in the folder under one name. That is really cool along with the fact you can have them where ever you go. Another ares I tell teachers and my principal about.

4. Break it down further for teachers that are not in to computers. I am starting to work on that.

5. If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate? Yes, I would have when I first saw it if it had been written up differently. I thought I did not get the email at first. then I decided to check if I had gotten it. I keep all emails from Region One. So, went back and read the email sent and thought it did not say the same thing to me as the one sent in July.

6. In ONE WORD I would say it was and is an "awesome and rewarding workshop". It prepares us and gets us started on the changes in Education, as well as, helps us to prepare our students for their futures.

I will be maintaining my blog as my educational journal and keeping the Esc1 site close at hand to go back and learn more. I have never added anything to my email signature but I will now.
and I will either re-purpose it as your school library blog or use it in a purposefully way to share it with your colleagues and administrators. At present I got my other blog on the way I call it "Off the Shelf Librarian - on Web 2.0" At present I have it as private. But it will be up and running before October 10th.

Thank you for extending the time for me and know I would have done it anyway. It gave me incentive to learn faster. Again, thank you!

2 comments:

ESC1 said...

I'm glad you are sharing the information learned with the teachers at your campus and district. I learned from your posts as well. Thanks!

Jane said...

Hi!
I'm working on my 23 things and came across your post via Technorati. I see you are ranked #4,580,432 and have no authority yet. Well, I'd like to try and give you some authority.
I found you on page 14 of the Technority list search for School Library 2.0.
If I read it correctly, linking to you should be enough.
My blog is http://therelibrary.blogspot.com.
Interesting...my rank number is the same...hmmm...
Hope this works,
jane