del.icio.us custom size

Google Docs Presentation

I am taking an online course from Region One in Texas. "Region One 2.0: 23 Things is based on the Public Library of Charlotte Mecklenburg Countys Learning 2.0 Program, created by Helene Blowers, on CSLAs School Library Learning 2.0, Spring Branch ISDs Library2Play and other similar programs from around the world under a Creative Commons license. http://esc1library.blogspot.com/

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Thing #16 Learn about wikis and discover some innovative ways (week 7 Wikis)

St. Joseph County Public Library - I found this wiki cool Naturally I found myself wondering through the Education section. But I also hit the top tabs. I found her site interesting in how she set it up and told you what to expect. I liked her handouts in the computer section.


Book Lovers Wiki - I like the way they reviewed the books. It would be great to have one that takes the top 10 books read by our students per week. I don't mean to change them but allow people to know they were enjoys by our students. I also liked that they had the teachers review the books.


Library Success: A Best Practices Wiki - I like the section on "Self-Promotion Tips for New Librarians" this s a section everyone could learn from no matter if they are New or been around a while. Notice, I didn't use the "O" word? This Wiki can teach you lots and lots of things. Is there anything missing there? I find it to be "thumbs up". & (couldn't find a Thumbs up)


CSLA Conference 2007 wiki - This site was cool it listed all the other people who have done this course. There are a lot of people doing this. I looked at several of those listed and saw some interesting things and got side tracked. I noticed when I am sidetracked I learn more. Sometimes I wonder if there is an end to this. I know there isn't.

I also found some things that will help me with the class I will be teaching the teachers. I like reading other peoples blogs so I have added this site. Maybe I can get ideas later that will help me with my classes as well as the teachers I will teach.
http://csla2007wiki.pbwiki.com/FAVORITES+-+library+blogs


The Albany County Public Library Staff wiki – This will be helpful to show our Librarians. We have worked on this and we could check out some of the things they have and we don't.

Blogging Libraries Wiki - I read some of the Internal Blogs to see what they were about. It would be good to use to communicate between each of our librarians and do collaboration with the other elementary librarians and our campus teachers. I think I will start one for collaborating with the list of teachers I have in my email contacts. Some are not at my campus but they want to be updated. This would be great because I could write it once and be done. Cool!

http://www.blogwithoutalibrary.net/links/index.php?title=Internal_blogs
That list of Library Associations is something also. I didn't realize there were so many. It will take a month or two to check them all out.
http://www.blogwithoutalibrary.net/links/index.php?title=Library_associations

Sample school wiki -I Like the hall of Fame information and the fact that they have some individual and some team projects. I would like to start a student Technology club, but my Principal has not OK'ed that one. Which is OK for now I have enough with the "Mentor Readers Club", working on this workshop and the one I have gotten OK'ed by my Principal. I think I am a Technojunkie.

I would like to come back and visit these sites to extend what I see. The information is overwhelming. As I was going through these websites I found another website which answered other questions I had.

What I noticed about PBwiki is several people have commented on spam and some left the site for another wiki. Others have blocked it more with passwords. I guess that is an issue with going public.


"Oregon Library Instruction Wiki, a collaboratively developed resource for librarians involved with or interested in instruction. All librarians and others interested in library instruction are welcome and encouraged to contribute. " Tutorials, Tricks and Tips to help you with Wikis from:
http://instructionwiki.org/Main_Page



No comments: